Emeric: We may be stuck in traffic but we'll still get there earlier
which is really the ultimate goal ... I'd rather have more time than less
me: quit lying, we both know you always want less
less food
less money
less women
less time
you're always complaining about it
why would I believe you when you say you want more time at the cabin
Emeric: Um ... I think you've misunderstood me
In a very sitcomish fashion
besides .... more IS less
me: damn the commutative property
but wait...
does it apply to metaphors?
Emeric: In the sense I used it, it was clearly NOT A METAPHOR
me: the question is are metaphors conserved or observable
since you clearly can't observe a metaphor, I am going to go with a conserved property
which means they would be commutative
amazing
Emeric: That's the best-worst logic I have ever heard
me: (that is all really funny if you know quantum mechanics)
I'd try to explain it but you'd probably hunt me down and kill me
Emeric: Nah, I'd just make you learn warhammer
I apologize if I am still the only person who gets my joke in the middle about metaphors being conserved and not observable. It really is only funny if you know quantum mechanics. But I still find it hilarious. The joke at the end is that I would learn and play warhammer with Emeric if he would learn vector calculus. This originated back in high school. To this day I don't know how to play warhammer, and Emeric knows nothing of vector calculus. Some fates are indeed worse than death.
No comments:
Post a Comment