Monday, July 23, 2007

But Would It Get Us Arrested?

A while back, I had a pretty serious limp. For some reason, at the end of spring finals, my right leg cramped up to the point of being immobile. But it was finals, and I had to go drop off some take-homes, so Kieran kindly drove me to school.

Kieran's car is a black Volvo sedan with tinted windows, and has a relatively ominous look to it. And so I dropped off my materials, turned, and limped out of school. People were looking at me, not used to seeing me so hobbled. What they saw was me, limping to the curb, as a black town car came zooming up, seemingly out of nowhere. I glanced back and forth for a moment and then slid into the car, which promptly sped away.

It's a Kaiser Sose moment.

We've been trying to replicate such an unintentional moment, but it's hard. So my next choice is this: Kieran's car also has a sun roof. I plan to get a green army cap, aviator sunglasses, and a corn cob pipe. Then, when we're stuck in traffic or a stop light, I'll open the sun roof and poke my head out. I'll scan the horizon, pull out some binoculars, and seemingly pick a target. Kieran will then speed off.

Douglas MacArthur is alive, and driving a Volvo people. Believe the legends.

No comments: