Kieran and I, as well as a variety of others, journeyed down to the ComedySportz Dome last night to see Andy Busam in his (real) Improv debut. The following conversations were a result:
Kieran [looking around bitterly at the smiling people everywhere]: One of the things that happens when you go to law school is you become accustomed to bitter people. You forget that bitterness isn't the status quo and that people can be happy, so it becomes quite shocking when you look around and see happy people smiling. It makes me think they're just not trying hard enough.
Emeric [glancing around for a moment, and then in a bubbly tone]: Mentos?
Kieran [suddenly excited]: Oohhh!
A short while later, the following occurred. It should be noted that both Kieran and I speak German, though Kieran speaks it better than I do, and I have bad hearing. Really bad hearing.
Kieran [auf Deutsch]: Die Leutue vor um sprechen um Rechstanwaltenschule.
Emeric: Do I want a phone to send you to Anbar province?
Kieran: I was speaking in German.
Emeric: Ohhhh, that makes only slightly more sense.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment