Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Awake, I'm Awake ...

We haven't disappeared off the face of the planet. I've just been on vacation, Kieran's been working, and we've lost the internet connection in our apartment. So it's been harder to update.

We've been slowly rearranging the apartment around the monolithic television that has come to dominate our living room. In the course os such rearranging, we have reworked the location of the multiple houseplants we keep. It should be noted that the Dwyer Men, unlike the Dwyer Women, do not really have a green thumb. We try, but usually it's unsuccessful. And so though Kieran and I have been burdened with plants from our mothers, it's a struggle to keep them going. As this conversation indicates:

Kieran: I think it would work well if you put the Bamboo over there.

Emeric: If we put the Bamboo over there, it will die.

Keiran: [Bewildered] Really?

Emeric: If we put the Bamboo anywhere, it's going to die.

Seriously, the Bamboo is on it's final legs. Or last straw. Or whatever metaphor works for dying plants. Any thoughts on how to save it?

No comments: