Last night the Conspiracy was out to dinner. Emeric, Kieran, Andy and Rita were out at the California Pizza Kitchen when things got a bit dicey. The following conversation relies heavily upon the manner of delivery, so I'll try and give you some cues as to how things were said:
Andy: Rita discoverd Menards the other day for the first time.
Emeric: [Unsure of what was said, so latching onto something similar] Rita discovered your nards for the first time?
Andy: [Seeing a joke and running with it] It was awesome!
Emeric: This explains why Frank was up in Duluth this weekend.
We burst into howls of laughter that had the entire restaurant looking at us. Unfortunately, poor Rita didn't hear what was said earlier. I'm afraid that our explanation embarassed her and caused things to be worse.
Emeric: Ahem. Yes. So Rita discovered your nards.
Rita: Oh! That's what you said! That's dirty.
Andy: I said she discovered Menards the other day.
Rita: [Talking about what Andy said, but her delivery made it seem like she was addressing our misunderstanding] That's not fair! I've always known where that was!
We burst into laughter again and thought that an excellent line to end on.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment