Monday can be a long day, and with an early start this morning, I was in need of some boosters. It helped to have some of the following converstations. To understand the first, you have to know I drove up to Pine County (near Hinckley) for some court work:
Emeric: It's north country. The people up there, they are my people.
Kieran: Dorks?
Emeric: No, North-Woodsers. The Dorks are my constituents. Or peasants. Or whatever it is Kings have these days.
The King still reigns. Afterwards, I was chatting with one of my co-workers. We were walking through the skyway and we saw a sign that advertised a "Philosophy of Dating." It was an amusing notion.
Emeric: I think I'll show up and begin discussing how Plato and Aristotle would disagree on the duality of dating.
Karin: Uh-huh.
Emeric: Sorry, that was a joke that was aimed more at philosophy majors.
Karin: Yeah, I was a philosophy major.
Emeric: Aha. Then it was a joke that was supposed to be aimed at philosophy majors.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment