The following three conversations happened in short order at dinner at Ol' Mexico this Saturday before Mike and I went to Barb's Halloween party. They're mostly to show how witty I can be:
Barb: All the art in the [dining room] seems to be concentrated in that one corner. Did they think it all needed to be there?
Emeric: It's probably got a purpose. It looks like load-bearing art.
And then ...
Emeric: I wish I had done that. If I had the prescience (pronounced pre-science, like a class rather than a sense) I would have invested in it.
Barb: Pre-Science?
Emeric [unphased]: Yeah. It's like Omni-Science or Con-Science.
Barb: I've always preferred Social Science.
And finally, discussing television shows with finite plots:
Emeric: The last season is ok, but it's mostly denouement. The fourth season was the gripping one.
Mike: Denouement?
Emeric: A literary term. The part that comes after the climax. It's also known as cuddling time.
And it is!
Monday, November 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment