I know I just posted another one about music, but this seems appropriate. I occasionaly greet my friends with non-sequiter song lyrics. When they're trained improv actors, the results can be - hilarious?
Emeric: So, the waitress is practicing politics.
Andrew: And the carnival smells like a beer! And the navy is taking all my bread.
Emeric: But John's in your Jar! And he's saying that when he was a young man he could get out of there! Don't forget making love to the real esate novelist.
Andrew: Eric Clapton is rolling over in his grave.
It's the ending that sells that one. If you don't get it, it'd take too long to explain. Of course, not all conversations begin that way. Sometimes it's as simple as a new career path.
Kieran: Natalie and I have decided to become novelists
Emeric: Oh?
Kieran: I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the apartment awake in the middle of the night drinking bourbon and smoking, just so you have a heads up.
Emeric: Much appreciated. Can I be one too? I'll grow a beard and wear button down sweaters and dwell excessively on grammar.
Kieran: Excellent.
It will only end well.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment